Tuesday, March 30, 2010

Randoms

Every time a good friend visits, you have a few moments that really make the trip. We saw some incredible things, experienced history firsthand, enjoyed our beautiful country. Those are things we will remember.

But the downtime, the conversations, the giggles and disasters are just as important. I may not remember the exact thing that made me laugh, but I will remember laughing with Jen and the kids over and over. Like when Teagan lost her shoes for the third time at the zoo, or me having to run into the airport because I had to pee so bad, or Jen emptying my dishwasher for the 60th time and making peanut butter and jelly sandwiches over and over and over. Sites define a trip, laughter defines a friendship!

Wegner Family, we love and miss you! Thanks so much for being our friends.

Here are some things I'll remember from this trip...even though I may want to forget them.


Gavin refused to smile for the camera. So I have to post the one picture have of him in the Air and Space Museum even though it's out of focus.


And catching him with a digit stuffed up his nose...well, he's four. I guess we need to remember that too.


The kids probably had as much fun playing in the backyard as they did traipsing about the city. Love Teagan in the helmet holding the "gun." Sorry about the weapon Jen...even if we don't buy 'em, the boys figure out how to build 'em.

And me being a dork. What trip would be complete without that? There were a lot of dorky moments...this just happened to be one that Jen caught on camera.

And then you see the things you don't expect (and I'm not talking about an anti-war rally in front of the White House). Mickey Mouse bushes? Really?

I wish I had taken a picture of Jen hanging through a little opening on the top deck of the ship we sailed on at Mt. Vernon. Kai is a total coin collector, and his awesome mom shimmied her way out over the edge to grab a dime someone had dropped onto the 18-inch wide overhang. He was so excited!

I don't know what was funny, but something was! Maybe it's that we were all covered in mud and the Wegners bags hadn't made it to our house yet?

Mt. Vernon? Maybe? Jen was lucky to get Gavin to look at her!


Cutest little booty-bums! Love it.
We had such an awesome time. Who's coming to visit next?

5 comments:

wendy said...

I WISH IT WERE ME COMING TO VISIT NEXT. me and Emma. How fun would that be eh. You could also take a photo of me with a digit up my nose.

I love the part BEST where you said Sites make the trip, Laughter makes the friendship.
Your mom and I have had many laughs together!!!!!!

Grandma Edie said...

How exciting to have such dear friends come to visit. Needless to say those friends are probably announcing to all back at their home of the great hospitality at the Wallace homefront in Virginia. There is nothing better than great friends. Jen and the children were darling, and I bet she will look at peanut butter and jam sandwiches in a whole different light. Actually maybe even with a little tear as she will think of the great time she and the children had with the greatest friends in the world. These pictures are all precious moments. Each will have its memory and perhaps a tear down the road for you Bec.

I love to see the happy expressions on the faces of the children, and YOU Bec have never been a dork...just darn FUN.

It frightens me to think of visiting to find the candid camera
zooming in on the real dork. Just remember exact plans are not made, but you will get some old dorks down the road for a visit. Of course, one never knows what an oldster can put in her nose to entertain.

Laughter keeps everhyone young, healty, and definately HAPPY. THANKS for sharing the great visits from friends, the photos of the children and the great pictures of our "early country" history...I can hardly wait to make a visit.
Much love, Grandma & Great G. Edie

Jen said...

LOVE these!!! So glad you blog so that I don't have to! I would forget some of these moments :) Thank you thank you thank you!!! Miss you already.

L3 said...

WoW. Sounds so fun!

Emma said...

Wow you have been a busy girl!!! looks like fun, I would love to come for a trip!!!