Saturday, March 20, 2010

Story Time in South Riding

After the Air and Space Museum, we decided to rest...at least for a little while. That evening, my community was hosting a storytime. They invited teachers, firefighters, pilots, military members, and of course a dad dressed as Captain America to read to the kids.
It was actually a really fun, well-organized event. But my favorite part of the night was when Laynie walked to the front of the classroom, smiles at the teacher and says, "I pooped my pants!" The teacher smiled politely and said, "Excuse me?" Sure enough, Laynie had loaded her britches and I had to do a quick clean-up.
A few moments later she met the fireman. This time she said, "Do you like my slippers?" He smiled at her and told her they were beautiful. She flirted with him for the rest of the night.


4 comments:

Jodi said...

What a great idea!! The people reading to the kids - not necessarily Laynie telling the teacher about her...ahem...problem.
Motherhood...

Grandma Edie said...

Oh dear, I bet this teacher was stumped for a minute. Laynie just doesn't hold anything back. I can imagine the look on the teacher's face. This will be fun for you to show her right after she receives her engagement ring. Ha.
I bet the fireman was impressed with this flirt. Glad you took care of the poopy pants. You never have a boring minute...more of a "what's next".
This sounds like a fun event. I know how your little ones loving story time. Bet they all had fun.
G.G.Edie

wendy said...

Oh Oh...already a little flirt. Poopy pants and all.

and you can't help a girl for flirting with a FIREMAN....since I am married to one, I KNOW
Oh Yeah

Brianne & Jarod said...

at least she poops! ha ha ha! Watch out for that little girl..she is going to break some hearts!