Saturday, July 3, 2010

Guggy and Papa's Awesome Hotel

Jamie's dad had to come to Washington D.C. for a conference and Warden thought she'd accompany her husband. For the first couple of days the Wallaces stayed at an incredible hotel in the National Harbor.
The kids and I drove up to visit and had a great time.
Gavin was a little nervous around the wax statues and wouldn't pose without me.

The entire roof and backside of the Gaylord Hotel is made of glass. The view of the Potomac River and Harbor are stunning...too bad I didn't get a picture of that! A portion of the interior is devoted to shops and arboretum. The trees and flowers are beautiful. Gav and Laynie decided to stop for a sniff.

During the summer, the hotel has professional sand castle builders create Washington D.C.-themed artworks inside the building. Pretty fancy pants if you ask me.


The "backyard" of the hotel is terraced with different gardens and fountains at each level. My kids would have climbed in this fountain if we hadn't stopped them.

The luxury pool had a splash pad that Gavin and Laynie couldn't get enough of! I love that Gav's face is directly in the spray of water in this picture.

His other swimsuit was too wet to pack. Gav had to wear the next size up. Love the Coppertone shot! Too cute to be called plumber crack.

Laynie wasn't as excited about having the fountains spray her face. She had her own method of fun - she backed in!

Warden took this picture of Laynie and I thought it was one of the cutest I've ever seen. Of course, I'm her mom so I'm prejudiced.


I didn't get a picture of us enjoying room service in Warden and Rick's hotel room. They totally spoiled us!
Thanks for a great day Guggy and Papa!

1 comment:

Emma said...

Wow I have to agree, Laynie is a doll!

Looks like you had a great weekend``