Thursday, July 29, 2010

Thank Goodness for Thankgiving Point!

Grandma Ardy took the Wee Wallaces to Thanksgiving Point for another Fun Day on the Farm. Joel and MeMe tagged along, but Papa Dave did more manly stuff. He went to Cabelas.
A quick apology for the zillion pictures...it was so much fun to have my siblings around, that we got some great goofy (blackmail type) shots.

If anyone is interested, you can buy baby chicks and turkey for $4. They don't guarantee the "gender" of the animal. Which really got me thinking how they could tell in the first place?

My mini-milkmaid.

This is the best they could do...honestly.

Check out the beard on this Bad Billy Goat Gruff. I wonder why they don't trim that off when they shear the rest of his coat? Anyone out there have some animal husbandry info? If not, I'll just google.

Such a cute picture of the lovely ladies!

Like I said, good blackmail. Right? Joel is such a blast to have around.

Gavin is quite the mule whisperer. He fed this little guy a dollar's worth of animal feed. And his hand was covered with drool. Awesome. Every little boy's dream come true.

Too bad Lizzy wasn't there!

Laynie and Gavin decided to take a carriage ride rather than ride the ponies. Whatever.
At least we all got to go together. The horse that pulled our carriage was named Annie. She's fourteen-years-old. Gavin was very interested in her age for some reason.

And then we had a MAJOR meltdown. Like the worst public meltdown in the history of Laynie.

Which is why we thought this sign was particularly funny...and appropriate.

Have I mentioned how much fun it is to have Joel and MeMe around? Did I also mention that they do just about anything to get a laugh?

As I was saying...

...they are both so mature for their ages.

I think the kids' favorite activity of the day was crawling through the tunnels at the vegetable growing exhibit. And I got a picture of Gavin's face with a smile. Miracles never cease.

Laynie was still a little miffed and wouldn't give me her cheesy grin. I had to settle for snapping photos when she didn't realize what I was doing.


Souvenirs, huh? Well, I guess that's a nice way to put it.

No comments: