Thursday, July 8, 2010

I Will Go Into the Zoo..

Today Gav, Laynie and I went to the zoo with Grandma Ardy, Papa Dave, Uncle Joel, Grandma Edie, Aunt Emma and Uncle Paul. With that crowd, how could you not have fun?
Hogle Zoo has a new baby elephant. Her name is Zuri... ...and she has the cutest bum in the world. Sorry, but I've got a thing for elephants.
Grandma Ardy and Laynie posed with the tortoise.

Then Uncle Joel fed her to the lion.

Gavin did not sleep well last night. He was a party. He sat in the stroller and sucked his fingers for a large portion of our trip. Perhaps he should go to bed and stay there?
Now he's taking a rest on the bronze rhino. Not my first choice for a pillow.

This is what happens if you let Joel hold your camera.

We watched the elephant show and then went to the bird show. The birds flew directly our over our heads. One almost clipped Aunt Emma!

This was the least irritating animal in the show. I will never have a parrot as a pet.

Grandma Ardy bought three carousel tickets per child. Joel and Gavin chose the wolf. Here they are howling together.

Grandma Edie got to accompany Laynie on one ride. Laynie chose the elephant. It was so tall that Grandma had to stand on her tip toes to hold Laynie in place.


Here they are on the tiger.

Joel and Gavin again...This time Gavin is on a leopard and Joel is on a baby elephant. Apparently my brother and son are on the same mental level.

Laynie with Grandma Ardy giving us her "Princess Wave."

Our last stop was aboard the train. It was a blast!

Laynie and Gav enjoyed the ride on "Thomas."

This fountain ball is pretty awesome. The kids work together to change the direction it rolls.

We stopped at Crowne Burger on the way home. Laynie didn't get to enjoy her food until later. She was a little to sleepy to eat.

4 comments:

Emma said...

Yay your in Utah.... I need to see you, how long are you here????

I love the Zoo. I bought season pass this year, the girls can't get enough!

You are so lucky, my kids would never just fall asleep like that! not before we where asked to leave!!! no kidding!!!

Tell everyone hi, and call me!!!

wendy said...

ENJOY EVERY MINUTE OF YOUR VISIT
The kids are just so cute
I wish I could be there and visit you as well
we could have so much fun and get into so much trouble

Jodi said...

Fun times!!

Grandma Edie said...

The trip to the Hogle Zoo was fun for all. I think the highligts were the elephants. Mom and baby were just too cute...then the "bird show" very entertaining even when one flew skidding across Aunt Emma's head while flying from the back of the arena to the front. Then, of course, there is nothing like the Merry-Go-Round even if you feel you may lose a little Great Grand-daughter because some of the animals rose so high I thought I would lose Laynie...but alas I hung on to her little shorts and she did the rest...just waved, smiled and blew kisses. Gavin loved the rides and acted like a "pro".
Ending the trip on the little train topped a fun day. Were we ready to go home....y e s. Wouldn't have missed it. Glad I was invited. Thanks.
Love, G.Grandma E