Saturday, July 24, 2010

Snowbird in the Sunshine

Snowbird Resort is incredible...even without any snow. The mountains were verdant and lush. My kids love spending time outside, gathering pine cones, chasing ground squirrels, and swimming in the pool.

Oh...and of course, being dangled dangerously over the pond. Joel was trying to convince Laynie that she could catch a fish with her bare hands. Good luck with that.
And then of course there was the Alpine Slide. Laynie is fearless. She screamed, "Wee!" the whole time. When she ran out of air, she took a deep breath and continued shrieking. Aunt MeMe took her down a couple of times, and she's a much faster driver than I am. If that's possible.

Gavin was a little less...enthusiastic...about the Alpine Slide. If I knew how to work my mom's computer, I would crop the pic a little closer so you could see the terror on his face.

And speaking of terror, my fear of heights kicked in on the tram. I was so nervous that I sent Laynie up with my dad. I was afraid she'd fall out, and trusted her safety to my father's burly arms. She had a blast, while I shivered. You can see her bows peeking up over Papa's shoulders.

2 comments:

ETStandiford said...

The best part is that we just sat there and watched Travis and Joel sticking the kids over the pond and not stopping them. No tears so no problem I guess and they were having fun fishing with there hands. The fish keep on coming so close to the surface.

Jodi said...

So much fun!!