Sunday, October 25, 2009

I Love To See The Temple!

"For the temple is the house of God; a place of love and beauty."

"And I, Moroni, will not deny Christ." (Moroni 1:3)

"Earth, with her ten thousand flowers. Air, with all its beams and showers. Heaven’s infinite expanse. Sea’s resplendent countenance—All around and all above bear this record: God is love."


"How Firm a Foundation"

"Whenever I hear the song of a bird or look at the blue, blue sky. Whenever I feel the rain on my face or the wind as it rushes by. Whenever I touch a velvet rose or walk by a lilac tree. I'm glad that I live in this beautiful world, Heavenly Father created for me."


"The earth in its pristine beauty is an expression of the nature of its Creator."
--President Gordon B. Hinckley

"We believe in being subject to kings, presidents, rulers and magistrates, in obeying, honoring and sustaining the law." (12 th Article of Faith)

"Have you received his image in your countenance?"

This temple is beautiful and magnificent, but it isn’t a place to be looked upon, it’s a place to be used."
--President David Bly


"While I am in my early years, I’ll prepare most carefully so I can marry in God’s temple for eternity. Families can be together forever, through Heavenly Father’s plan. I always want to be with my own family. And the Lord has shown me how I can. The Lord has shown me how I can."

8 comments:

Jodi said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Jodi said...

Thank you so much for sharing the pictures - this is where Dan and I were married. It's still just as beautiful as I remember it but even more so with the fall colors!
Thanks, again, Becky!!

Olivia Wallace said...

Good job guys. I could feel your spirits and just for a moment I felt like I was with you. Thanks for sharing.
Warden

Becky Wallace said...

Jodi! That is awesome! I always wanted to get married at the DC temple, but it didn't make any sense since ALL of my family was in Utah. At least now I get to visit it all the time.

Emma said...

Very pretty!!!

Mel Leseberg said...

Awesome, it is a very beautiful place.

wendy said...

Ah, this was not only a visual treat, but a MUSICAL one as well. I was singing those songs as I went along.
Hey, that photo of you and Lanie by the door ---your hair looks really DARK, did you go dark.
looks nice.

McCall said...

Breathtaking! Thanks for sharing the beautiful photos and thoughts.