Monday, November 2, 2009

What's Going on in Wally World

We missed HALLOWEEN! Gavin was so sick that trick-or-treating was not an option. But we tried to have some nontraditional fun.

We made Witch's Brew to drink.

Just kidding. Laynie just shoved her uneaten shell-a-roni in her water bottle. Super nasty.


Luckily, Guggy and Great-Grandma Edie sent us some fun boxes that made missing out on the holiday festivities not so disastrous.

Who would have thought that a Halloween pencil would double as a wand?

The scary eye balls were also entertaining.

Laynie couldn't wait to pull out the treats. She kept saying, "Eat NOW!"

I made some delicious spider web cupcakes that didn't get taken to Gavin's class party.

At least Laynie enjoyed them. Look at her eyes...that is the hopped-up-on-sugar look.

Perhaps the scariest part of all was that I replaced the disposal. Almost completely by MYSELF! Jamie got home just in time to hold it up while I screwed it into place. Sadly, I didn't have the upper body strength to do that part by myself.

11 comments:

L3 said...

Installing your own disposal? You are my WONDER WOMAN. How about you do mine when you come to Utah next time?!

Ness said...

What? You used to hold other girls over your head in high school. Are you telling me you haven't been practicing your cheerleading pyramids for the last ten years?
I love the look of being hopped up on sugar.

Jen said...

Sad for your kiddos that you missed Halloween! :( BUT...awesome that you installed your garbage disposal. Want to come to my house and do some things for me?

Jodi said...

I'm totally impressed - I would never even think to change out the garbage disposal by myself - you're THE WOMAN!!

Brianne & Jarod said...

you are awesome! i may have survived natural birth, but not sure i could replace a disposal. tell laynie to stop growing up so fast!

Emma said...

YOu go girl!!! I'm so proud of you.

YOur cupcakes looked great! yum yum.

sorry you missed the halloween with the little ones, don't worry you've got next year!

Looli said...

you da' MAN!! You're becoming all sorts of handymommyish!! Totally impressed!

wendy said...

Well that was a bummer to have Gavin too sick for halloween.

YOU replaced a garbage disposal---and we need husbands.....why??

Betsy said...

I heart you Becks! You are such a fun Mommy! Sorry Gav was so sick but so glad you guys were still able to make the most of it!

Katrine said...

You're such a fun mom! I hope Gavin is better. And I am totally impressed you can change the disposal yourself.

McCall said...

For a brief moment, I thought it was vomit in the water bottle. Phew!