Friday, September 4, 2009

Happy Birthday...or something ...to Me?

I totally debated whether or not to post about my birthday. I didn't want to get all, "Don't Cry for Me Argentina" on you. But my conversation with my husband last night was the kicker. It went something like this:

Jamie: "Honey, did we celebrate your birthday?"
Becky: "Well sort of...I bought myself a $3 cake and the kids and I had leftovers for dinner."
Jamie: "We had cake?"
Becky: "Yeah, but you barely made it home for that. We ate dinner without you."
Jamie: "Okay, that's good. I was afraid I'd missed it completely."

Mind you, my birthday was August 25 and this conversation occurred on Sept. 3.

I'm not in search of pity because I'm not all that excited about birthdays anyway. This year is the last one I'll ever have...perpetually 29. It's just that the conversation was so...classic that I had to record it for posterity. And it explains the pictures posted below.

My lovely party guests...


My gourmet cake...
The real reason I record anything! Great blackmail and better memories!

9 comments:

Becky Wallace said...

P.S. Don't know what's up with the pics...that's not how it looks on the preview. Whatever.

Jen said...

That cake looked NASTY! I was proud of you for buying yourself a cake, but come on! At least you could have bought one with frosting on it?!

Sounds like a bum deal on the bday. You'll REALLY have to use that to your advantage later. I miss you tons!!!

Olivia Wallace said...

I am so glad that Mama Loo made you a cake here earlier in the month, and we went shopping, cause that does make me kinda sad. If we ever make it to Virginia, I promise we will celebrate in style.

Love ya,
Warden

Jodi said...

The kids look like they enjoyed the celebration! They're more fun anyway!!

Looli said...

Seriously...why not a cake with frosting, at least?!??! I'm so sad... I wish I could have been there. :(

Emma said...

SHame on Jamie, he could have sent you flowers if he was to busy at work!!!
your 30th better be great!!!

Joel Vallett said...

hahahahaha That is awesome and are you sure that is a cake it looks more like a bagel.

Auntie Em said...

A Chocolate Chip Pudding Ring for $2.99, on sale from Safeway's?? Not exactly Beau Brummels!

wendy said...

Oh my Becky ---------is Jamie still breathing --------can he still walk----are his ribs ok------is he missing any appendiges. If so , he better consider himself lucky.
that is kinda funny actually----
I hate birthdays, so over-rated, but it is nice to be remembered.
Put "clues" out a month -every day - in advance of your next one.
HAPPY BIRTHDAY MY DEAR