Thursday, September 17, 2009

We're in...sort of completely (Day 3)

Can you see the tears that are still in her eyes? It's because I had to take the playdough away on Day 3. She kept eating it. You won't understand how disgusting that is until later in this post...

Gav found his fireman suit on Day 2 and wouldn't take it off. Did he care that it was 80 degrees? Did he care that he was getting playdough all over it? Did he even take it off to take a nap? Nope. Poor kid woke up in puddles of sweat. Kids are awesome and gross.

This is the chunk of playdough Laynie was eating. Not only is eating playdough disgusting in the first place, but when it looks like that it's especially bad.

Here she is with a chunk about to go in her mouth. MMMM....yummy!

While they were playing, I was hanging up pictures in my scary blue kitchen. This will be the SECOND room I paint. The first will be the orange and purple (I'm totally not kidding) bathroom upstairs. It's visually painful, so I won't subject you to looking at a picture of it.
Don't click on this one and blow it up. I don't want anyway to see the holes and the coffee stains on the walls. I actually managed to hang the pictures to cover three of the largest holes. They used sinker nails everywhere....

Here's the mostly complete living room. The box by the window is the 60 pound mirror I haven't been able to hang by myself...although I've considered trying it like 57 times. I was just afraid I'd climb up on the ladder, get it hefted above my head, and then fall backward and have the mirror land on my face. Which is exactly what would happen, and then I'd have to have a safety discussion with my husband. No thanks.

8 comments:

wendy said...

Glad to see you are starting to get more settled eh. BIG JOB. You will have that place looking absolutely gorgeous before you are done.
YOU have style and class my dear.
love ya

Jen said...

I like the blue!!!!

And I am SO SO SO glad you put up your Texas star :) Makes me feel like you're still close to home!

Becky Wallace said...

I promise the blue is scarier in person...and holey and stained. Sad.

Jodi said...

It looks pretty from a distance - you're doing a great job!

Emma said...

looks so cute, keep it goin!!

Kristi said...

ok - can I just say, I LOVE your house! And I am SO proud of you for getting things up on the wall so quickly! Good luck with the rest of everything, sorry you're doing it all on your own. And I seriously want to see that purple and orange bathroom before you paint over it :)

Looli said...

I'm SO proud of YOU for hanging up your pictures so fast!!! Wow! two days! Even I don't do it that fast! (didn't it take 2 years last time?!) :) It's not as scary when there's already a bunch of holes in the wall. Then the spouse can't tell what was there before, and what you did. hehe! :)

Looli said...

I'm SO proud of YOU for hanging up your pictures so fast!!! Wow! two days! Even I don't do it that fast! (didn't it take 2 years last time?!) :) It's not as scary when there's already a bunch of holes in the wall. Then the spouse can't tell what was there before, and what you did. hehe! :)