Friday, August 21, 2009

What to do with Laynie Loo?

Laynie has more hair than any 18-month old should have. She's at the age where it's hard for her to sit still long enough for a "cute do" everyday. However, I LOVE her to look perfectly styled.

So here's my dilemma: 1) Do I buy a small round brush and blow dry her hair every day? 2) Do I curl it with a curling iron (curlers don't work, nor stay in). 3) Do I wait for it to grow a little more so that I can put it in full piggies every day?

Her hair is thick enough that it doesn't look mullet-ish but its got cocker-spaniel wave (not enough to be curly, just enough to look scraggly. Poor kid's got my hair).

I don't want to heat damage her hair, and honestly it seems a little over-the-top to blow dry my baby's hair everyday. I just don't want her to look like a ragamuffin. Any ideas?

Muchas gracias.

11 comments:

Jodi said...

I think her hair is cute the way it is - let it grow!
Not that I'm the one you should listen to - I hate "doing" hair - but I do think she's precious just the way she is!

Emma said...

Ok so I say curling iron, it can be done quickly, unless you bath in the morning then I say blow dry!
When Olivia was small I would bath her and blow dry the clean hair on day one, and on day two I would curl or flip it up, cute!!
also treats help while your doing your biz!!

Looli said...

PIGGIES!!! Soon you and her will get good and fast at them, and it is the best for keeping hair untangled, and cute. I'd bet her hair is long enough now for low piggies, and a clippy for the bangs...Bay's was shorter when I started. (and WAY less cooperative-I had to do it while she was walking around) Blow drying and curling it everyday is a lot of work...Save it for Sunday's.

Looli said...

PS: She looks EXACTLY like Gav in this picture!

Auntie Em said...

I love it the way it is, let it grow! Don't use the curling iron or brush, she is toooooo young to start the damage to her hair! Aunt Em

Becky Wallace said...

Thanks for the tips, Ya'll!! Today she just looks like a street urchin. Have to have those days once in a while.

wendy said...

Heck, don't ask me ---If you were to talk to Emma, she was never happy with the way I did her hair when she was little ---cause, well, I didn't !!!!!!!!!!!!!!

McCall said...

Laynie always has the most perfect hair with the most precise parts I've ever seen! She'll look adorable however you style it!

Jodi said...

Man I miss seeing that face at church - I miss you Laynie!

Jodi said...

OK - I miss you to Becky :-{

Becky Wallace said...

Thanks Jodi...we miss you too!