Thursday, September 17, 2009

We're in...almost? (Day 2)

So to keep the kids busy the next morning, I let them paint. This is my least favorite activity, but they love it. Good thing the paint is non-toxic. Laynie ate half a bottle.

Gavin uses a "layering" technique. Basically, he puts paint on the paper till it bleeds through onto the table. Awesome. Did I mention that it's washable?

When they got bored of painting, we....opened up the TOYS!!

I thought this would be the highlight of the day. But they actually wanted to build forts out of the empty boxes. I didn't care what they did as long is it kept them busy.

I'm sad to say that one box of my hard back books was completely ruined. The moving company packed our food storage water bottles (in a clearly marked box, mind you) on top of the box of books. It's okay, I'll report it and they BETTER REPLACE THEM!!! Jamie laughed his butt off when he saw that four of the ruined books were the Twilight series.

I don't think this picture tells the whole story. There are boxes within boxes the length of 2.5 rooms. I had to build a little walkway so Gav's firetruck could get through.

I think this picture might be a better description. All of those rooms were filled with boxes. Now they are filled with, well, nothing. We don't have furniture for the formal living room, dining room, and glorified walkway (aka "solarium"...whatever). Those two little creatures are looking out the front room for the first time without having to climb on boxes.

1 comment:

Emma said...

Wow, Moving is such hard work!