Wednesday, September 30, 2009

Time For School!

September 29, 2009: Gavin's First Day of School!
Gavin walked into Chantilly Academy and acted like he owned the place! He dropped his backpack in the "Gavin" labeled cubby and went right to work at the sand table.

Miss Bobbie started to introduce him to the other kids, but Gavin took over. "Hi! I'm Gavin. I'm three!"

Later in the day when they were sorting Legos, he grabbed one like a microphone and said, "Now I'm going to make your real happy!" then sang all the lyrics to Life is a Highway.

Because the preschool shares spaces with a gymnastics studio the students get to do 30 minutes of tumbling everyday. Today he "flipped on the tramp" and "rolled down the mats."

His first friends name is Sophia...such a ladies' man.

Gavin didn't cry, was "marvelous" (said his teacher) and can't wait to go back tomorrow.

I didn't cry either...mostly.

8 comments:

Ardy said...

Well I cried when I saw his picture! His look reminds me so much of you. In fact I think I have a picture of you going to school that looks just like him but in girly form. He acts very happy. GO GAVIN!!!

Jodi said...

So glad he liked it. His introduction reminded me of you - friendly and ready to talk to the world - I think it's a GREAT personality trait!!

Auntie Em said...

Oh, Oh, he's GQ and social. Go Gav! I wished I had a dollar for everytime I saw a mother smile when she dropped her kids at the school gates! Becky, you'll get use to it.

Looli said...

Woo-Hoo!

Joel Vallett said...

Do I need to take notes from my three year old nephew on how to be a ladies man and get a date.

Meghan and Randy said...

So it sounds like it all worked out with the school! YEAH! Is he tired or at least energy-spent when he gets home? I'm glad he's liking it! He's very friendly and that definitely helps him. Plus I love his hair!

Emma said...

I love school days!! He is so cute.

So what did you do with your time?

McCall said...

Way to go Gav! A far cry from going to Sunbeams!