Wednesday, April 14, 2010

What do David Beckham and Gavin have in common?

Great hair? Check.
Modeling skills? Check.

A fearless attitude? Check.

Some awesome fans? Check.

A great team? Check.

A little hottie who follows him around? Check. (I mean Laynie of course. Lol.)

Product placement? Check.

A rad goal dance. Check?

But Gavin has done one thing that David Beckham will never be able to do. He named is team. They are the (wait for it, wait for it....)
GIRAFFES!
I'm totally not kidding. The coach asked for ideas for team names and Gav's suggestion got the most votes. I'm sure we'll have more stories to tell about Gavin's first year of soccer later.




6 comments:

Olivia Wallace said...

Love it, only wish we could be his weekly fans!

Jodi said...

That's funny!!
I'll have to let Patti Wienken know - giraffes are her fav.

Brianne & Jarod said...

Cute posts!

Emma said...

What a stud!!

Auntie Em said...

You go Gav. You little jock, you! I will look forward to seeing more pictures and hearing about your team. Go Giraffes!

Grandma Edie said...

Giraffes? I have heard of so many names for "sport's teams", but Giraffes is new to me. I think that is a great name. Giraffes can see further, with long legs move faster, and win games better. Gav will be a great Giraffe!! I wish I could see him play. He will have lots of fans all over the U.S. Go Giraffes Go!!
Love G. Grandma Edie