Monday, April 5, 2010

Easter Egg Dye-saster

Saturday night was our annual Easter Egg Dying Event. And it was...so sad! I missed my nieces and nephews SO much. Especially my Bay! She loved to decorate eggs and was so meticulous and methodical in her dying. It was always so exciting to see the moment when she would decide that the egg was just the right shade. Bailey, I miss you!

Even though it's not as much fun without our cousins, we dyed the eggs anyway. Here are the awesome pictures.

Waiting, waiting. Can you tell I asked Laynie to say "cheese"?
Laynie put a tiara on this egg.

Gav wasn't thrilled about the "princess" egg dying kit. But, the castle was cool because "a knight in shining armor" lived there.

Gavin also dyed a blue egg that was named "plane" and a green egg named "frog." He also picked out all the blue bird stickers - because those are obviously more boyish - and put them on his and his dad's eggs. "Cause Dad and I like to fly."

In all the year's that I've dyed eggs, I've never had a disaster...until this year.

Yep. The entire cup of orange dye all over the floor and my feet and legs. Luckily my floor is "orange tinted" so it disappeared. No big deal.

2 comments:

Auntie Em said...

Sort of looks like I do when I use fake tanning cream.

Grandma Edie said...

How fun. Gav and Laynie looked pretty patient getting prepared for the dye and eggs. These special times will never be forgotten. One "dye-saster" is pretty lucky. With all those cups, it could have been more. Now, I must agree with Auntie Em, that orange spill does look like the fake tanning cream. Another memory you've made for Gav and Laynie. Thanks for sharing.
Love ya....G.G. Edie