Sunday, December 6, 2009

Snow Day



Snow isn't exactly a new concept to my kids.

They've both seen it on the ground when they've visited my family in Salt Lake.  But I think this was the first time they'd ever watched it fall.  I personally had forgotten how mesmerizing a snow storm could be.  It was so placid, peaceful, gentle that I found myself standing and watching it for several minutes at a time.  I honestly got none of my "Saturday Chores" done because I was so distracted by the snow.  Not that I'm complaining!  It isn't often that I spend Saturday standing still. 


Or sitting still! I made my kids watch White Christmas while I baked a cake.


Laynie was a big helper when it came to cleaning up the dishes. 


And Gavin was an awesome shoveler.  He actually cleared a few square feet by himself.  Every few scoops he'd stop and shout, "Hey Dad!  This is harder than I thought it would be." But he stuck it out until the driveway was done.


We got a total of four inches of super wet snow. Good thing my husband is a weather man and bought shovels the day before or we wouldn't have made it to church today! 

3 comments:

Emma said...

Great pictures, I love little lanies face all covered in chocolate!!!

The only thing to do on a snow day is to bake what tv and the snow!!

Jodi said...

Your tree is pretty and your kids are way cute! Thanks for sharing!

wendy said...

Oh how fun. such cute photos. I love the Chrismas tree --- and looks like you don't need a dishwasher.
We barely got ourselves dug out today of SNOW DRIFTS. oh agoney. If I had my grandkids here we could build igloos and have fun.
but, going to Utah in 2 days now!!!!!!! can't wait to see your mom too