Saturday, December 19, 2009

Four Hours Later...

At 2 p.m., Jamie and I went out for our second round of shoveling. That pile behind me is the amount of snow we've moved SO FAR today.

By time we got to the bottom of the driveway another inch had covered all our hard work. Not like we won't be out there again later tonight. (Click on this picture if you want a close-up of my not-so-awesome shovel. We never thought we would need two adult-size shovels, so I'm stuck making do with the munchkin scooper).

Another shot of our mailbox.
And here's Frosty the Christmas-light snowman I mentioned earlier. As you can tell, the snow is much higher now. According to weatherunderground.com we've already received 14 to 16 inches. I believe it and so does my back!

7 comments:

Holly Rice said...

Oh how I don't miss that, my Dad would tell you that a snow blower would come in handy right about now! Good Luck :)

Looli said...

yes, I think it is time to invest in a snowblower!

Brianne & Jarod said...

HOLY CRAP!! That is a TON of snow!! Although I must say that I am totally jealous you get to dress up in all those warm clothes...ahhhhhhh what it was like to wear a sweater!

Katrine said...

Have you heard that saying "Cleaning while you have children is like shoveling snow while it's still snowing!" Now go make yourself some hot chocolate!

Emma said...

Oh my what a mess!! I wish the snow would shovel itself!

wendy said...

Oh my gosh, gotta love the snow. Been there done that.. WHY did I move to Canada???
ah, perhaps to be with the love of my life.
I am having fun in Utah visiting the kids
had dinner with your mom and it was WONDERFUL to spend some time with her. Miss her so much.
I bet you are excited to have them come visit eh.
ENJOY
love ya girl

Tawna Wagley said...

The winter we lived in Alexandria, it didn't snow ONCE!

Lydia wanted to know Gavin's last name the other day, Ella was helping her make a list of friends to invite to her birthday party (which is 5 months away). So I guess I need to let her know he won't be making it ... :)