Friday, August 21, 2009

Ten Things I Miss About Texas (so far...)

10. Non-stick pans and my IKEA scrub brush: Laynie ate a whole mini-container of playdough in the time it took me to scrub the scrambled eggs out of the pan this morning.
9. My Rocking Chair: Where can I snuggle and read to my babies? They miss it too!
8. My Car: No explanation needed.
7. Having two bedrooms for my kids: They are good at sleeping in the same room at night, but not for nap time.
6. Sonic: Cherry Coke, I yearn for you!!
5. The Stupid Firetruck: The toy that caused the most problems in our house was the most fun! I was sort of hoping it would get lost in the move...
4. DVR: What I wouldn't give to be able to queue up Super Why for a few moments of distraction.
3. Knowing where everything is: We got lost going to Target the other night. It took 40-minutes to "find ourselves." Awesome.
2. Detached Housing: Townhomes are much worse than Fart Houses (houses so close together that if you fart loud enough your neighbor will here it). I yell at Gavin all day, "Use your inside voice" or "Quiet feet." I can't wait to send him out in our new backyard and let him make as much noise as a little boy can.
1. Having some place to go and someone to go with: I miss treat night at Loo's, swimming with Bri, hanging out at Jami's, story time with Jen, and using Warden's house for pit stops. I miss my "preschool" kids and playgroup.

I think this is the first time in my life that I've actually prayed for Sunday to come. It's amazing how the gospel sustains us, but the members support us. I can't wait to meet new people and make new friends, for both me and the kids!

I don't really want to get attached to the people in this apartment complex because we are leaving in about three weeks. We are going to have a couple over for dinner this weekend. It certainly gives me something to look forward to!

5 comments:

Brianne & Jarod said...

Isaac ran into mom's house last night and kept saying..Becky..Gavin...Becky...Gavin. Sooooo sad! We miss you too! If it wasn't for awesome ward in NC I think I would have hated it, but I know you will make friends fast and sooner or later all your stuff will show up, right? LOVE YA!

Emma said...

Fun, just enjoy the crazy times!

Looli said...

NO SONIC??? What are they, communists? I'm so sorry! Find a good convienence store with a drive thru!

Looli said...

PS: I MISS you SO much! I almost cried today when I walked into church and looked for where you guys were sitting, only to realize that those days are gone. SNIFF!!! Who walked Gav to sunbeams? :)

Tawna Wagley said...

I just found you from McCall's blog. We miss you too! I have a Gavin sized whole in my Primary Sundays, and Lydia was asking for playgroup this week. She really misses it!