Thursday, October 7, 2010

Wuv Weft to Woose

Last week Gavin wandered around singing the lyrics to a song a didn't recognize. Perhaps that's because it sounded like "Wuv Weft to Woose." He and Laynie (aka Waynie) have a hard time with the "L" sound.

Finally I googled the lyrics (or what I thought I was hearing) and came up with a video from a band called Sons of Sylvia. The kids were entranced and built their own platform so they could watch it over and over and over again on my laptop.
Then they became the Sons of Sylvia. Laynie is apparently on vocals (with a lip gloss mic) and Gav...I guess he's playing the violin. When I tried to correct his axe and sword hold, he convinced me that was exactly the way they held it in Love Left Lose.
Here's a link to the video. You can decide for yourself.

4 comments:

Olivia Wallace said...

Looks just like em. I like the song...saw Archie had a new one too. They can be "Becky's KidS"!

wendy said...

I'm loving it.
p.s. I can still see the little "mark" on Gavin's forehead

Sharon said...

I love Sons of Sylvia and this is so cute! I bet the guys would love to see it too - especially Ash (lead singer) who has two young kids also. :)

sonsofsylvia.com

Grandma Edie said...

In as much as I am not acquainted with "Sons of Sylvia", I can only use my imagination. Loved the platform, loved the mike and thought the violin was great. Wouldn't it be great if we could all just use our imaginations like children. It is obvious they were having fun. Were you the director of the two children band? (Liked Olivia's suggestion "They can be Becky's Kids"}. Love Grandma Edie