Thursday, October 7, 2010

Cake Balls for Breakfast

Laynie is a world class thief! I helped with a baby shower last week, making a few treats and attempting chocolate covered cake balls. They didn't look like much, but they tasted great!

Saturday morning I heard my fridge chirping (it does that if you leave the door open too long) and found this waiting for me:

She got the stool, opened the fridge, pulled out the tupperware of left over (which really means too ugly to serve) cake balls and helped herself to a few.


I wasn't kidding when I said they were too ugly to serve. Here's the recipe and a picture of what they are supposed to look like, if you're interested. Out of the 50+ that I made, I had maybe thirty that actually looked like balls and not...well...chocolate covered turd.


5 comments:

Natalie said...

It doesn't matter what they look like when they taste that good.

Emma said...

Wow that sounds like a lot of work... Glad laynie like them....

Grandma Edie said...

When it comes to Chocolate, most of us could become a "Chocolate Thief". Remember, it's not really the look that makes the taste. I have had pastries that was cookbook beautiful that almost tasted like - what is that word you used? The T word. Bet the chocolate covered balls you made were good. Most important a precious little girl thought so. She probably thinks "My mommie is the best cook in the whole world."
Grandma Edie.

Auntie Em said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Auntie Em said...

I think she played with them until she got dirty and then she ate them. Love it!