Friday, October 15, 2010

Pumpkinville (two weeks late)

It was FREEZING with a Capital "F" when we went on Gav's field trip to pumpkinville (which is a total misnomer, but I'll get to that later.) Thankfully my friend, Stacy, had a bag of hand-me-downs, which included this darling hat. Too bad Laynie wouldn't pose.

Have you ever seen a cuter chicken? It reminded me of the costumes that samba dancers wear. You know, the type with the rows and rows of fringe down the pant legs?

This is our buddy, Titan. Yep. He's a big, slobbery camel. Gavin fed an entire bad of feed to him. Gav's cool with drool.

This is Gavin with some members of his class. The kid on his left is Matthew, his "brother." Don't worry he's not actually mine, but Gav would like to adopt him.

Gav going for speed on the super-crappy, super-bumpy slide. Pumpkinville is in Leesberg. That means that it's a little more hicktown than Cox Farms. (Nothing against all the Lesebergs we love though!)

See! I do have a friend! Laynie likes Stacy better than me too. In fact, she ran and jumped in Stacy's arms on Sunday when she saw her at church. I guess I'm just not that awesome any more.

Gav decided it was cooler to ride with his friends than with his mom (isn't he a tad young for that?). I did get a couple of fantastic shots from my trailer into his, which made it well worth being separated from my four-year-old for a few minutes.

See how red Gav's nose is? That's because it was cold! And after two hours in the weather he finally decided to put his sweater on. No amount of begging (or bribing) on my part could convince him.

Best picture of Laynie. Yeah...she's sassy. Check out that pout!
Pumpkinville is really just the Leesberg Zoo in disguise. And by Zoo I mean farm animals plus a few monkeys (and a camel...I guess Titan should count). The pumpkins for pumpkinville came in three cardboard boxes as you exit the park. Yep. And it's still called Pumpkinville.

7 comments:

Olivia Wallace said...

CUTE!!! I MISS THEM!

Becky Morgan said...

The kids look like they were having a good time even though you thought the place was lame. They will love the memories and looking at your cute pictures when they're older.

Emma said...

Nice....

Why don't little ones listen to us? If you put on your jacket honey you wont be cold!!!!!!! Simple you would think they would listen!!!

wendy said...

That last photo of Laynie is hysterical....yeah, good luck with her when she hits her teens (tee,hee)

I can not feel sorry for you with the cold. since I live in colds.ville.

and of course that chick would look like a Samba dancer to you...MISS DANCE QUEEN. I loved going and watching you kids dance when you were younger.

Brianne & Jarod said...

Oh my goodness..when did they get so stinkin' big? HOLY COW!! pure cuteness..that Gav man is one handsome dude!

L3 said...

Woot woot! We made your blog. :)

Grandma Edie said...

Everyone needs to go to a pumpkinville. You are so special Becky to take Laynie and go with Gavin's class. It looked like fun. Now, that could be debateable. Regardless of what kind of town it may have seemed to be, it made a memory for your two and you. At least it wasn't just pumpkins...you did see a few farm animals, plus monkeys, a camel and there were a few pumpkins at the end. Another chapter in your book.