Saturday, September 11, 2010

Little Miss Independent

Laynie spoiled me for almost two years. She was sweet, congenial and a perfect sleeper. The last six months have been challenging. Laynie is a girl with an opinion.

She was crawling out of her crib in the middle of the night. So we upgraded to a full-size, and let her choose the bedding (by the way, the mural was on the wall from the previous owner. Totally not my taste).

Can you say disaster? She got up at least three or four times every night, sometimes staying awake for three hours. I hope (fingers crossed) that she's beyond screaming, "This bed is yucky! I want to sleep at GArdy's!" The last two nights have been great.

That doesn't mean she's not exerting her taste in other areas. Like picking out her own outfits (sans pants), socks and sandals (she's a Utahn...I guess), and going potty without any assistance (and sometimes not wiping).

But she's a great conversationalist.

And quite an entertainer. I can't post the video of her singing and dancing naked on the fireplace. That will have to wait for her wedding.

3 comments:

Ardy said...

Love the bedding but the tongue is not so pretty. Lucky she has such a cute face!!! Love you Laynie!

Olivia Wallace said...

I am sorry...I think she got my splitzy blitzy. I love it by the way!

ETStandiford said...

Oh my gosh! Look at those cute little legs! I have a feeling she is going to be just like you! I'm just reminding you what you use to do on Sundays and I'll leave it at that! So I'm sure she is taking after you!