Thursday, March 12, 2009

Riding the Bench

I've always wanted a bench for my entryway. I figured a seat there could serve three major purposes: 1) a place for my kids to sit when they take off/put on their shoes, 2) a place for shoe storage (it always drives me crazy to have shoes all over the entryway...the first thing people see when they open the door to my house is shoes. YUCK!), and 3) a gentle reminder that if your shoes are muddy/wet you should take them off before you track crap throughout the house. Not that there hasn't already been (literal) CRAP tracked through my house, but I'd like to limit that as much as possible.

Good news! I found one yesterday! It's a little shorter than what I wanted but it came with the shoe storage baskets and was reasonably priced.

Gavin loves it. The whole way home he kept asking me where I was going to put his bench. As soon as we got home he grabbed all of his shoes (even those that don't fit) and put them in the baskets.

Laynie loved it too. Until she fell and slammed her face into it. Later last evening she also fell face first into a table leg. It left a lovely bruise on her cheek. I forgot how dangerous it is to let these little ones walk on their own. I guess they have to learn.

4 comments:

Olivia Wallace said...

I like it! Warden (Guugy)

S. Fantasia said...

I love it. That will be nice for putting on shoes and the baskets are great.

wendy said...

Very cute bench ---------it will make you feel good to have a place for the shoes etc.

Cari-Ann said...

I love that bench. It is from hobby lobby right? I totally want one. We took pictures so Eric could make me one because I want it a little different. It is so cute!