Thursday, March 12, 2009

Bevo, Bunnies, Babies, Oh My!


We went to the Houston Livestock Show and Rodeo! And boy, was it an adventure!


We started off the morning with a brisk pony ride. Well, it would have been brisk if the operators wouldn't have stopped the horses every time one pooped. And they pooped ALL THE TIME!! Gav enjoyed it though...

Then we went and fed the goats. Laynie barked the whole time. She'd pat their heads or run her fingers down their backs...and bark. They were mostly mild mannered, although one of the bigger ones jumped up on me and almost knocked me down. There were also pigs, donkeys, a kangaroo and a giant llama that was taller than I was.

Then we went to see the tractors.

Gavin was in heaven. It was hard to pull him away!

He and Bay had a blast together. He kept telling me, "I'm almost the biggest one. I don't have to stay with the babies."

Before we left even Laynie got a Pony Ride. (Notice: She has no shoes on. One of the goats pulled one off her foot and we could never get them back on).

But the best part of the whole day was...

the vibrating chairs (aka foot massaging chairs)! If we had done nothing else but let the kids "ride the chairs" they still would have had a blast. My eyes aren't actually closed in that picture. I'm just laughing hysterically. It really tickles!

2 comments:

Brianne & Jarod said...

How did I miss the massage chairs?? Oh man that stinks!

wendy said...

What a fun day!!!!!!!!! Laynie just keeps getting cuter and cuter.