Tuesday, January 20, 2009

Monkey in the Museum

Gavin, Laynie and I went with some friends to the Children's Museum of Houston.
Even Laynie had fun! Even though she spent most of her time in the stroller.

The kids learned about the Laws of Gravity and the awesome power of the pulley. (Sorry Jami! I couldn't pass up posting this pic!)

Gavin learned how our foods are produced; apples grow on trees, fish come from the sea, and milk comes from cows. He had a hard time understanding why milking in this position could be dangerous.

Then the kids went grocery shopping.

The "store" was Gavin's favorite part of the whole museum. He spent about 30 minutes picking out his own foods, scanning them and then checking out at the register. He even made change for a little girl who didn't want to wait her turn at the check out stand.

He also got to drive a Mustang. The hood had been replaced with a sheet of glass. My friend McCall wowed us with her knowledge of spark plugs, batteries and transmissions. I was pretty proud that I knew which part of the engine was the radiator.

Then the kids got to paint their own faces. This is the only close-up I could get of Gav's face.

It was a fun day and the kids were pooped out (That's Bryn laying on the floor of the museum).


But we thought we'd stop for one last group photo. Gavin had his own ideas about that. All the other kids are posing at the other pillar.

1 comment:

Katrine said...

I'm sorry I missed it! It looks like fun!