Saturday, November 1, 2008

Family Fun Day!


About six months ago, we planned our first Family Fun Day. We intended to go to the little boardwalk town of Kemah, but Hurricane Ike blew away those plans and most of the town too. Our friends, the Wegners, suggested that we take Gavin bowling. And we did...after a short stop at Barnes and Noble. I purchased two new books (WAHOO!) and Gavin played with the Thomas the Train set.


Laynie didn't have quite as much fun...


When we finally made it to the bowling alley, we had a blast! Not only did they have shoes to fit Gavin's feet, but Jamie was the ultimate example of patience.

They had an awesome "method," and I'm a little embarrassed to admit that Gavin out bowled me in the second round. Jamie, however, won both games. And he bowled a 159 the second game without using the bumpers! That's a pretty great score considering I bowled an 84...It's okay. I know I'm probably the worst bowler on the planet.









5 comments:

wendy said...

GREAT tradition - family memories and "fun days" can NEVER be replaced. Just another example of what a great mom you are.

Bonnie Mills said...

Is Family fun day different from FHE? If so that's awesome. Barry and I haven't really been able to figure out FHE with little ones, so ours is more like Family Fun Night. Love the pictures of Dad and son!

Becky Wallace said...

Family Fun Day is a new thing. We've never done it before, and we're sort boring with FHE. We got the nursery manual as a gift and do a lesson each week out of it. Right now there are four "I'm a Child of God" pictures on our fridge. If Jamie and I don't want to participate in the coloring activity, then Gavin won't either...We usually spend about ten minutes, five of which are singing random primary songs. I'm hoping someday to have real "activities."

Ness said...

One time I bowled a 47. And I hate to admit it but I was trying. So, if you are ever in town and want to feel like a professional bowler, just give me a call.

simply jami said...

What a fun day! The picture of Jamie and Gav is adorable. Kemah, bowling...same difference, right? It looks like you made the most of your Halloween together. What a fun mama!