Sunday, November 16, 2008

Celebrate Good Times, Come On!

We celebrated Gavin's birthday today with the Wallaces. It's always a party when Gav and Bay are together!

My son is SO spoiled. He got the Polar Express Movie (we're doing the train ride on the Heber Creeper when we're in Utah), a Doctor's Kit, a Leapster 2, the Nemo game for the Leapster, a Playdough extravaganza, a bunch of new clothes and...

...the new David Archuleta CD. I totally created an American Idol addict this summer. We listened to it while he was getting ready for bed, but finally had to turn it off because he wouldn't stop "drumming" on the ottoman. He totally wants to be a rock star...too bad he's tone deaf.

Here's the cake. My sister-in-law, Elizabeth (aka Looli), has totally ruined me when it comes to homemade frosting. I will never purchase a "store bought" cake again, unless it's from a real bakery (i.e. Schimdt's in WJ is hella good!). So, I have to make my own frosting even though my decorating skills are a little subpar. However, Gavin knows how to make me feel good about these types of projects. Every time someone walked in our house tonight, the first thing he'd say was, "Want to come see my cake?" It wasn't pretty, but he was really excited about it.


Super Cute! Father and son trying out the new toy. Jamie was so patient with Gav! I was so impressed!

Don't worry. We didn't forget Laynie in all the hoopla. She was just happy to crawl around and eat cake crumbs off the floor. GROSS!!

She and Gav got matching "monkey skins." I tried to get Gav to pose, but all the b-day pictures wore him out.







6 comments:

wendy said...

He's 3----how did that happen. Now he can go to primary , yay. Good job on the cake girl, I am still all about store bought frosting. see ya soon

Katrine said...

Happy Birthday! He'll love the Polar Express in Utah. We did it several years ago and our kids still talk about it!

Katrine said...

Oh, and I wasn't smart enough to dress my kids up in pajamas for the train ride. There were a lot of kids in pajamas, and my children felt left out!

Betsy said...

Happy Birthday Gav! Can you believe we have 3 year olds! wow how time flys! hope we have some cross over time in Utah this holiday season! Call me!

Bonnie Mills said...

Happy B-day big boy! He's such a cutie! Good job on the cake, Beck!

Unknown said...

ut oh, our husbands are hanging out tomorrow night. I have a feeling it's going to get crazy-fruity!