Saturday, April 9, 2011

The Things You Learn at T-Ball

So apparently, my kid is the team clown. You know...the one who always has something to say and tries to make everyone laugh?

I have no idea where he got that particular trait.

I also learned that Gavin is a pretty decent fielder (if the ball is coming to him on the ground) and is great at throwing. But he has no idea where first base is.

Even when he's playing that position.


And I don't know how many times he had the ball before the runner got to the bag, but didn't know what to do with it...even though his coach, Jamie and I were all screaming "TOUCH THE BASE!"


Oh well. This was just week one.


Laynie had a blast even though it was freezing cold and muddy.


She and Jamie played catch for a long time. He would intentionally throw the ball past her so she'd have to go pick it up...


...and then laugh hysterically every time she bent over to get the ball.


It's a good thing her crack is so cute.

4 comments:

wendy said...

Oh my gosh...how is it possible that Gavin is old enough to be playing T-ball, Get Ready Becky...for many FUN years of hanging out at sports events with him.
some of the best years of my life watching my kids participate in things.
Laynie does give good crack (tee,hee)

Becky Morgan said...

So fun to catch up! Kids are so cute. I can't believe Gavin's old enough for T-ball either! Such fun ahead.

Auntie Em said...

They are both too cute for words!

Grandma Edie said...

T-Ball now, and not far down the road will be soccar, football, baseball, etc. etc. It is hard to believe Gavin is old enough to be in sports. It won't be long before Laynie is doing her own sport..Watch out "world". They are so precious.
Wow, I love those kids.
Grandma Edie