Monday, August 30, 2010

Birthday Improvement

My first 29th birthday was a little...creative. If you need a reminder, click here.

What I didn't post on the blog was that after I put the kids to bed last August 25th, I sat down to write thank you cards to all the people who had done so much for us prior to our move to Virginia. All the good memories and goodbyes, coupled with loneliness and another birthday, resulted in hysterical sobbing.

All the bitter of last year made this birthday even sweeter. I mean, how many times do you turn 29 again?

We celebrated my birthday early because August 25th is the worst work day of the year for Jamie. My sweet Grandma sent money to order a real cake this year. I promised to post a picture of it.

Can you say delicious? Dairy Queen's ice cream cakes are to die for! It had two layers of ice cream (vanilla and cookies and cream) with a fat layer of fudge in the middle. It was topped with crumbled cookies and whip cream. It took four days to eat. YUM!!! Thanks Grandma!

Gav loves to help blow out the candles.

My birthday was great. No tears this year. I still miss all my friends and family in Texas (and everywhere else, of course). I love Virginia, but I will never be able to replace all ya'll!

Thanks for the birthday thoughts and wishes! We love you guys!

4 comments:

Jodi said...

Looks yummy!
Happy Birthday!
(a week late)
Glad it was better than last year!!

Emma said...

Good for you... Enjoy the last of the twenties!!!

wendy said...

I am glad there were no tears.
HAPPY HAPPY BIRTHDAY.

This year I turn 59.............S#!t.

I think there might be tears.

It is hard when you miss people, I know.

McCall said...

Glad to hear it was an improvement! Of course, you pretty much had nowhere to go but up, right? H.B.