Saturday, February 13, 2010

Laynie Loo is Totally Two

Happy, happy birthday Laynie Dear! Honey, you have to get a little closer to the candle to blow it out!

The cake's so good, I don't even need a fork!

Oh my gosh! Is that a tutu!?! Aunt Loo! You knew just what I needed!

I can wear a tutu with everything! Even my pretty new Sunday dress! Do you like, Daddy? Do you?

It looks great with cookie cutters too!

What could be in this one?

Thanks for the super cool velcro food, Landon! We can chop that up in my new kitchen!

Do you think I got enough stuff? (Note: The table cloth, apron and red and white hot pads were handmade by Grandma Edie. Thanks Gram-E! We've got some incredibly crafty loved ones!)


Ummm, Hello! Of course I have to wear an apron over my tutu! Heaven forbid it get dirty!
(Can you see the My Little Pony in the sink? Laynie was "washing its hair").

Everyone pitches in to "clean and organize the kitchen."


And the best present of the day...the box the kitchen came in! Did you know three little monkeys in a barrel (or box) is much more fun than two?
Many thanks to all our friends and family! Laynie's birthday was a blast. We wish we could have shared it in person.
Much Love, The Wallace Family

7 comments:

wendy said...

She's 2 already!!!

she is dang cute....no matter what you call her Little Laynie LooHoo

happy birthday sweet one

Looli said...

I'm glad she loved the tutu! I have some bows that i'll send later...just didn't get them done in time for jami to take. And I'm pretty sure the bag I wrapped it in was Laynies from Easter last year. I found it in one of the hand-me-down boxes. :)

Grandma Edie said...

Where has the past two years gone? It seems just like yesterday that little "Laynie Loo" stepped out of Heaven into a very wonderful and special home and family here on earth.
Today is so special. It is so great to see the birthday pictures of her with all of her special gifts. She will certainly be a very busy little lady cooking up an imaginary meal anytime of day she wishes. I am sure Gavin will have fun being a part of little sister's kitchen activities.
Mom and Dad, enjoy all of this little girl's excitement. Before you turn around too many times it will be for real. You will be sitting at an adult table with her
serving you a real meal.
Thanks for sharing this day with all of us. She is precious, her real cake looked delicious, the boys were having fun, dad looked very proud, and mom you are truly a great example of being a mother. She will parrot you in all you do.
No matter what she has on, even if it is a tutu with layers of other items, she is a dolly. Enjoy this precious time.
Love,
G.Grandma Edie

Emma said...

what a dolly, she is so big!

Auntie Em said...

Laynie, you are sooo cute and sooo lucky to have such a fun mom, dad and big brother. You are also very lucky to have a great granny like you GG Edie who can make such fun things for you. Wow, your very own handmade apron and hot pads. What a cute kitchen set-up. Now, don't burn the muffiins!

Jodi said...

Happy Birthday, Laynie!!

Meghan and Randy said...

She's 2? Before we know it, she'll be asking, "Mom, can I go to the movies tonight with so-and-so?" Yikes! Happy birthday Laynie!

Becky, we all must get together again! We'd love to have you guys over or Randy and I can come over for dinner. Hope you're doing good!