Wednesday, February 3, 2010

Reality Check

Life is not always sunshine and roses. Someday when I finish my blog book (notice no commitment to a date), I'll look back and say, "We all look so happy! How come I remember feeling so frustrated during those early years?"

So here's my reality check:
There are two loads of laundry on my un-sheeted bed. At least some of the clothes are part-way folded.

Gavin's threatening Laynie with his "sword."

And she's screaming hysterically.

As I'm typing this, it's important to remember that I'm wearing Bri's basketball shorts, under a pair of black warm-up pants, with a beige t-shirt and black bra. I do have make-up on, although it was poorly applied and my hair is in a bun.

Oh yeah...I forgot the best part: I'm wearing Jamie's wool church socks.


This is my reality.

It's a good thing I have blog. It gives me a chance to focus on all the good, cute, funny, memorable things that go on day-to-day and forget the mundane tasks that actually define my waking hours.

6 comments:

Brianne & Jarod said...

I am so right there with you!

Looli said...

hahahaha! I love the wool sock part!! That's my reality too...except it's usually no bra, old Exxon/United Way t-shirt, christmas jammie pants, and halloween socks. nice. You're doing great.

Emma said...

Yup mundane is the word... but your not alone!!!!

Becky Wallace said...

All you moms are awesome! Thanks for understanding me.

Auntie Em said...

At least your laundry is in the bedroom, mine at this moment is on the couch in the living room. Hum, maybe I'll fold and put away. Enjoy the kids before they grow up. Oh, forget the makup and getting dressed, that is the best part about retirement. Somedays I don't even put on a bra (unless I am going outside)

Grandma Edie said...

For what it is worth, it will all change, but the question is. "Is it better? You will look back at these times and wish the little ones were teasing, chasing, doing or undoing laundry. You won't have as much laundry, you won't have to busy yourself with the needs of special little children because they will be on another page, another road, in their adult world, perhaps writing a type of blog of similar events you are experiencing of their little ones. Your thoughts, no doubt, will flash back thinking of the events of even today. A smile will come, a tear perhaps, or maybe you will just jump up and say Hallelujah, PAY BACK TIME. Anyway, it's not what you look like, what your wearing, it's being that special mom that you are. A mom that takes time to let them make a mess, referee the teasing games, etc. To them, you are that perfect mother who by the way looks great no matter what you wear. AND, trust me they will not remember today what you are wearing, they will remember what a great mom you are!
Love, From an old mom, an old grandma and heaven knows an old G.G. who didn't look like she came out of vogue then, or now. But, I still remember to get up. I don't wear depends (yet), but I do remember some of those times that was crazy when my precious children were a challenge, but puts a smile on my face now.