Friday, September 12, 2008

Bumps and Bruises

So as we are awaiting the arrival of our first major Wallace Family Hurricane, (take a hike IKE!)we had our own little disaster last night. I was finishing some last minute preparations when I heard Gavin's little feet pitter-pattering through the entryway, followed by a crash and a scream. I ran. He was kneeling with both hands covering his face. In my mind I was thinking, "C-R-A-P!!" When I pulled his hands back, I was surprised to find no blood, but horrified by the awful bruise and bump. He had slipped on the tile and fell face-first into the laundry room door frame. I was afraid that he might have a concussion, but his eyes were normal and he was playing trucks ten minutes later. As you can see (below) he was a happy camper this morning, eating waffles in his high chair, despite looking like he has a golf ball stuffed in his cheek.


2 comments:

wendy said...

OUCH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! tough kid

simply jami said...

poor baby! Ike blows!