Monday, January 31, 2011

Visit with Gugs

Everyday in the Wallace House is an adventure. Rosy is darling, cuddly, and a total handful. I get nothing done because I spend 90 percent of my day pulling things out of her mouth. Having a dog eat toys is one thing. Having a dog eat your children...well that's an entirely different matter. So when Jamie told me he had to take a "quick trip" to Asia, I felt a little hesitant about doing it all by myself.

But he had a really great surprise in store for me.
Yep! Jamie flew his mom in for a visit. We had a really great time and the kids (and Rosy)loved the attention. I loved being able to: empty the dishwasher without a dog licking the plates, change the laundry without a dog stealing the socks, and take a shower without a dog getting in with me...although that did happen one time. Rosy is very smart.

Warden was also a huge blessing when the snow fell. Together (yep, the pregnant lady and the grandma) shoveled half-a-driveway of the heaviest snow in history. Then some kind gentlemen from our church finished the rest the next day.

Here's the snowman Gav and Gugs built on our deck...which they later knocked down with snowballs.


And here is devil dog (psycho mutt, the evil creature...you get the idea).

While Warden was here we did a quick pre-birthday celebration for Laynie. It was fun!

Even though she left exhausted (Rosy has that effect on people), I think she enjoyed her trip. We were sure glad she came!
Thanks Warden!!

5 comments:

Jodi said...

Rosy is getting bigger...obviously.
Can't wait to see her sleeping with everyone in a few more months.
She's very cute...doesn't that help make up for the trouble?

Becky Wallace said...

@Jodi: The cuteness is her saving grace.

Olivia Wallace said...

Beck can you send me your pictures, I can't copy them.
Thanks!

wendy said...

that last photo is hysterical. such a cute psycho pup

glad you got the help. I got to see your mom while visiting here and we had a good time....as usual.
I needed me some good Ardy time.

Emma said...

That last picture was great!!!