Wednesday, July 22, 2009

When to Laugh and When to Cry

If you thought Laynie was the sweet and cuddly type of bear, you are so wrong!


This Grizzly has nothing on her. Especially when it comes to teeth.

Check out the chunk she BIT out of my couch last night. Seriously, with her teeth. There is a two-inch square missing, and a four-inch tear with flap. Awesome huh.
My favorite part were my siblings responses:
"Maybe if you fed her she wouldn't go after the beef jerky!"
and
"She really is a bear!"
When Jamie told me about the couch last night, I didn't know whether to laugh or to cry. For those of you who don't know, we're being relocated to Fairfax, VA just outside of Washington D.C. In some ways we have been so blessed. Our house sold in less than a week, and we made money where we thought we might lose a lot. We are having a really hard time finding a home that isn't outrageously priced or a ridiculous distance from Jamie's office. I hope I'll be able to find something "liveable" in my upcoming house hunting trip.
All if this is happening while Jamie is working two jobs (his old and new positions) and commuting from here to Fairfax every other week. The new job is a great opportunity but very time intensive. I'm getting a pretty good idea of what single parenthood is like.

We just found out the moving trucks will be here August 6, which means the Big Wallaces (Jamie's parents) will have house guests for at least a month.
It just seems like a lot. I know there are a lot worse situations, like maybe not being to sell our home at all. Which is why I had to laugh when I saw the couch. What child can actually bite through leather?

Some day, this post will come back to haunt her.

6 comments:

Emma said...

Becky you poor thing. I hope things get better. YOU can start new with a new house and a new couch!

Looli said...

Maybe you should call her McGruff. Remember, "Take a Bite out of Crime(Couch)."

Looli said...

Goes to prove that Laynie really will eat ANYTHING!

Betsy said...

1. Little girls really can be harder to raise than little boys!
2. You are moving?!? We need to talk!

Love you and miss you! Sad we missed each other in Utah this year!

wendy said...

Oh boy, the joys. This move will be pretty stressful I am sure, so just "let it be" and all will be well. Ah Life's adventures eh.
love ya
mommy Ardy comming to tend the kids (tee,hee)

Jodi said...

This is pretty funny - in a serious sort of way. :)